Thursday, May 17, 2012

Quick Update

So, I just got off the phone with a potential employer to discuss salary (this is where I suck at negotiation, because somehow I accepted exactly what was offered) and she informed me that provided my criminal background check comes back clean (it totally will), I'll be getting a job offer. So, yay!

Everything I've seen about the team I'll be working with hits all the right notes. It's also closer to the field I want to be working in, Human Resources, so it could lead to a better opportunity down the road.

It's a pay cut from my previous job, but what I've learned is that when I am not spending hundreds of dollars a month on beer and vodka, I don't actually require very much in the way of funds. It's a liveable salary.

And most importantly, I will be employed again! The risk I took by leaving my old job the way I did didn't lead to disaster. Provided this works out, I did everything right this time: I'm not a homeless, anxious, depressed drunk who can't get himself off his friend's couch.

I'm going to hold off on any real celebrating until I get the actual offer, but I will feel a little lighter in the loafers today.

1 comment:

  1. Great news!!!! I'm sure all will go smoothly. Do something healthy to treat yourself before you return to the daily work routine!

    ReplyDelete